Friday 14 August 2015

Nearly September soon!

Time had gone by so quickly this year! It's already edging towards September and I am going to be another year older when my birthday comes later next month. Speaking about time, I haven't spent much time with TVB series this year at all even though I've done my university entrance exams long ago by now. Surprisingly this year I've only fully watched a handful of series and these were:

  • Eye in the Sky
  • Raising the Bar
  • Ghost of Relativity
  • Empress of China
Shocking that I have only watched 4 TVB dramas compared to like 20 dramas last year. What is even more disappointing that none of the series that I have watched were great or amazing overall, with Ghost of Relativity my favourite of the bunch so far (due to the very funny delivery of gags and puns) and then Eye in the Sky (it was quite enjoyable to watch in terms of drama and reflecting upon the idea of nature versus nurture but it has its sore moments), and then Empress of China (I quite liked it even though the story was very mundane) and then Raising the Bar (actually a not bad series that showed the potential of Grace Chan and a few other actresses).

This doesn't mean that I've done watched 4 series this year. In fact, I've watched a bit more. I started Brick Slaves (looks ok but I haven't been tempted to watch other episodes in the meanwhile), Come Home Love 2 (watched a bit but a pity they decided to focus on a fitness centre and boring Priscilla Wong), Smooth Talker (watched parts of this series and enjoyed it but have yet to complete it), Limelight Years (have actually anticipated to watch this series but then I wasn't tempted anymore when it was broadcast), Romantic Repertoire (watched a little little bit and just couldn't be bothered), Master of Destiny (watched parts of it too but was way over-the-top and cliche).

Despite this, I've been tuning in mainland dramas lately. I've watched the Hunan version of 'Empress of China' (you'll know if you've read my comparisons of the TVB version and mainland version), The War of the Beauties (the one with Jessica Hsuan), The Legend of Zhen Huan (the one with Ada Choi), The Huang Shi Fei one (with Ruby Lin) and that's about it. 

Speaking of which, I still anticipate a few yet to be released series later in the year/ next year. The ones I want to watch are:
  • No Reserve (After the amazing Rosy Business and No Regrets franchise, please wow me again)
  • Lord of Shanghai (Star-studded)
  • Captain of Destiny (sort of anticipating)
  • Blue Veins (Have yet to watch a decent vampire series)
  • Short End of the Stick (purely because of the great cast)
  • The Last Imperial Physician (I want to see Tavia and Roger together, and the plot seems both suspenseful and interesting.)
  • Brother Keeper II 
  • The Legend of Empress Lu (Not sure if I quite want to watch this without Charmaine Sheh)
Hurry and release this dramas soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment