Saturday 13 February 2016

TVB K9 Cop 警犬巴打 Episode Brief Thoughts - Episode 1

Watched the first episode.

Prior to watching this first episode I watched its sale presentation and was sort of anticipating it. For me I say the first episode was ok and very ordinary.

We are introduced to Fire Water Sir and Loser Sir (hope I got the names right) who are besties and also police colleagues (I find it bizarre how they are always together in the shifts). At the start of the episode we are introduced with some action scenes of Bosco trying to follow this guy who has a USB that contains evidence sufficient to arrest the main culprit, who is depicted as an supersized woman in this series. While Bosco was responsible in trying to find him, Raymond was in charge of making sure that woman doesn't go to the airport and leave. For the first ten minutes I was intrigued with the action, whilst I have some doubts on the cinematography, how the camera seems to be shaky unsteadily.

Another moment that I remember was Raymond and Tracy, who are a couple. Tracy doesn't like the fact that Raymond is a cop (due to its dangerous nature with the possibility of him being killed while on duty), and Raymond has no desire to manage his parent's rich business of restaurants and what's not. What an extraordinary storyline.

Here we also see two Koo Ming Wah (TVB had to make use the same actor for the two roles) and coincidentally one Ming Wah is friends with Bosco's sister while the other is back from jail and is angry at his brother for dubbing him in 8 years ago. Again I feel the plot is very familiar and nothing original.

Performance wise, Bosco is nicely cast into Fire Water Sir who makes the right expressions, without going over the top. Raymond is also fine at the moment. That Angel girl really reminded me of Come Home Love with that hairstyle, headphones and house-setting. Felt like she came right after acting for Come Home Love. As for Tracy, am not too keen on her voice that is a bit shaky and her rather off-key Cantonese (don't know why) but think she is ok.

Had trouble trying to watch the full of this episode and I am ready to be bashed by fans, as it seems like this series is getting a lot of positive reviews thus far. As for me, so far my impressions of this series is light-heartened, nothing too serious and nothing too funny. Can't say it's a comedy because I didn't laugh at all except found the scene where Bosco was ringing Tracy, then Raymond and then the restaurant to be a bit funny.

No Linda tonight.

I won't give up on this series yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment